2012 Outstanding Senior Woman and Man Named
April 24, 2012
Kaitlin Petrilli and Marcus Williams were named Outstanding Senior Woman and Man during the University of Mount Union’s annual Senior Recognition and Honors Convocation held Tuesday, April 17.
An early childhood major of Twinsburg, OH, Petrilli’s activities include Advancement Ambassadors, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Phi Omega, Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Association of Women Students (Vice President), Blue Key, Kappa Delta Pi (President), National Cabinet of Mount Union Women Scholarship Recipient, Order of Omega (President), Sophomore Service Honorary, Student Alumni Association, Student National Education Association and Student Senate. She has also been named to the dean’s list numerous times.
Williams, a finance major of Zanesville, OH, participates in numerous activities on campus as well. His activities include After Hours Programming, Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Phi Omega, Campus Crusade for Christ, Dynamo staff, First Year Experience, Preview and Orientation Guide, Society for Advancement of Management (President), Student Senate and Tau Pi Phi (President). He has also been named to the dean’s list several times.
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Woman included:
- Holly Cappelli, a senior biology and religious studies major of Chagrin Falls, OH
- Kelly Emery, a senior biology major of Avon Lake, OH
- Jessica Ramsey, a senior political science major of Richmond, OH
- Kelly Wallenfelsz, a senior philosophy and political science major of Mentor, OH
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Man included:
- Spencer Andrei, a senior biology major of Sagamore Hills, OH
- Nicholas Boyde, a senior chemistry major of Monaca, PA
- Joshua Jones, a senior biochemistry major of Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- Patrick Williams, a senior business administration of Canton, OH
These awards have been presented to deserving seniors for more than 30 years. Nominations are based upon leadership, citizenship, service and scholarship.