2016 Holiday Shut Down Hours
|Friday, December 23, 2016||All offices closed|
|Monday, December 26, 2016||All offices closed|
|Tuesday, December 27, 2016||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|Wednesday, December 28, 2016||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|Thursday, December 29, 2016||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|Friday, December 30, 2016||All offices closed|
|Monday, January 2, 2017||All offices closed|
All University offices will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
|Friday, December 16, 2016||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|Saturday, December 17, 2016||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|Sunday, December 18, 2016||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|December 19 - 23, 2016||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|December 24, 2016 -
January 1, 2017
|January 2 - January 6, 2017||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|Saturday, January 7, 2017||
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed
|Sunday, January 8, 2017||
11 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Pool Closed
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will not be staffed after 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 22, 2016. The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Tuesday, December 27, 2015 at 9 a.m.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Admission, Office of Student Financial Services, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of the Registrar, Office of Marketing, Office of Human Resources, Office of Student Affairs, and Office of Residence Life will be closed, but will be checking and responding to voicemail.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. from December 27 through December 31.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working each day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. from December 27 through December 29 in order for the window to be open and mail to be processed.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 27, 28, and 29. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Office of Business Affairs and the Office of University Advancement between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held until normal mail service resumes on January 3, 2017.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this period for daily checks on servers.
The Nature Center’s Visitors Center will be closed from December 23 through January 2. Staff will be present daily for limited hours to check the buildings, care for the farm animals, and monitor email/voicemail. The trails will remain open from dawn to dusk daily.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period, but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the period.
- The Kresge Dining Hall will be closed after dinner on Thursday, December 15, 2016 through January 8, 2017, reopening for dinner on Sunday, January 8, 2017.
- B&B Cafe operating hours will be 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. beginning Thursday, December 15, 2016 through Thursday, December 22, 2016. The B&B will be closed beginning December 23, 2016 and re-open January 3, 2017, and throughout that week, the operating hours will be 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Starting Monday, January 9, the B&B will be open its normal operating hours.
- The KHIC Start Café in the Library will close Thursday, December 15 and reopen on Monday, January 9, 2017.
- The University Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 22, 2016. It will be closed for business on Friday, December 23 and will reopen Tuesday, January 3, 2017. All deliveries will be made to the Physical Plant throughout the holiday period.