2017 Holiday Shut Down Hours
The University of Mount Union will be conducting its annual shut down from December 22, 2017 through January 1, 2018. The Holiday shut down schedule is set as follows:
|December 22, 2017||All offices closed|
|December 25, 2017||All offices closed|
|December 26, 2017||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|December 27, 2017||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|December 28, 2017||Shut down in place; skeleton staff on site|
|December 29, 2017||All offices closed|
|January 1, 2018||All offices closed|
All University offices will open at 8 a.m. on January 2, 2018.
|December 15, 2017||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|December 16, 2017||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|December 17, 2017||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|December 18 - December 21, 2017||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|December 22, 2017 - January 1, 2018||CLOSED|
|January 2 - January 5, 2018||6 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Pool 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|January 6, 2018||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Pool Closed|
|January 7, 2018||11 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Pool Closed|
Campus Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at: (330) 428-1344.
As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Security staff will be monitoring all of our facilities daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or in case of inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 22, 2017 through January 1, 2018. Normal business hours will resume on January 2, 2018.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will close at 5 p.m. on December 21, 2017. The switchboard will reopen in the Hoover-Price Campus Center on December 26, 2017 at 9 a.m.
From 5 p.m. on December 21, 2017 until reopening on December 26, 2017, a recorded message will inform callers that the University of Mount Union is closed and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call. Callers will also be given the option of leaving a message with selected departments throughout this time as well.
From December 26, 2017 through December 29, 2017, the switchboard will be staffed by a student worker during the normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. After 4 p.m., callers will hear a similar recorded message as detailed above. The information desk located in the HPCC will reopen at 8 a.m. on January 2, 2018.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Admission, Office of Student Financial Aid, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of Marketing, Office of Human Resources, Office of Student Affairs and Residence Life, and the Office of the University Registrar will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail. The Office of the University Registrar will not be processing transcript requests during this time but will resume processing those requests on January 2, 2018.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on December 22, 2017 and December 26, 2017 through December 29, 2017.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working each day from 10 a.m. to noon from December 27, 2017 through December 29, 2017 in order for the window to be open and mail to be processed.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 26, 2017 through December 29, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Office of Business Affairs and the Office of University Advancement between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held until normal mail service resumes on January 2, 2018.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this period for daily checks on servers.
Student Health Center
The Student Health Center will close at 4 p.m. on December 15, 2017 and will resume normal hours January 8, 2018. Phone messages will be checked throughout the break.
In the event of an illness or injury, the following urgent cares are available:
Alliance Family Health Center
Family Care Now
|1401 S. Arch Ave||
506 W. Main St.
|Alliance, OH||Louisville, OH|
|Weekdays: 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.||Weekdays: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Weekdays: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.||Weekdays: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
*In the event of an emergency, please use the Alliance Community Hospital Emergency Room.
On December 26, 2017 through December 29, 2017, the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, fleet/grounds, and maintenance) working from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, at least one supervisor will be on campus during this time to assist. These employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the period.
- The Kresge Dining Hall will be closed after dinner on December 14, 2017 through January 7, 2018, reopening for dinner on January 7, 2018.
- B&B Café operating hours will be 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. weekdays, beginning December 14, 2017 through December 21, 2017. The B&B Café will be closed beginning December 22, 2017 and will re-open January 2, 2018 with weekday operating hours of 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. through January 5, 2018. On January 8, 2018, normal business hours resume.
- The KHIC Start Café will close at 2 p.m. on December 14, 2017 and will resume normal business hours on January 8, 2018.
- The University Store
|December 21, 2017||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|December 22, 2017 - January 1, 2018||Closed|
|January 2, 2018||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|