Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Position Reports to: Director of Alumni Relations and University Activities
Fundamental Objectives of this Position:
Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Relations, the Coordinator is responsible with or without reasonable accommodation for the planning and workflow of the Alumni Office. This position is a twelve month part-time position, working up to 25 hours per week. The Position maintains the daily operation of the office, is the front person for all office traffic and provides welcoming, courteous customer service to all who visit.
Working in a confidential environment, the Coordinator is expected to exercise judgment and maintain high standards of personal integrity, honesty and character.
Essential responsibilities of the position:
- Answer incoming calls and responds appropriately
- Greet guests and assist with their needs
- Monitor the alumni email inbox and respond appropriately
- Maintain profiles for donors and friends in Raiser’s Edge database
- Perform updates to the database
- Assist with mailings and alumni correspondence
- Assist with day-of event management in conjunction with team members
- Assist with M Club sponsored events and activities
- Handle reservations for all alumni events including Alumni Weekend
- Handle reservations for University sponsored events including the Schooler Lecture and the Commencement Luncheon
- Handle the administrative logistics for events including preparation of guest lists, distribution of invitations, tracking RSVP’s, preparing nametags, and assisting with event logistics as needed on day of event
- Coordinates student workers - scheduling and work assignments to ensure office and project coverage
- Handles business office paperwork and processes including PO requisitions, check requests, deposits and more
- Process payments for Alumni and M Club sponsored events
- Sends receipts and acknowledgement letters to M Club donors
- Participate in University compliance training as communicated by the University, the Vice President of University Advancement or the Director of Alumni Relations and University Activities
- May be needed to assist with evening and/or weekend events
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and University Activities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
The candidate must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills and demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities. Must possess an ability to work collaboratively, recognize level of importance and prioritize appropriately multiple tasks and requests occurring simultaneously. Must have the necessary skills to effectively utilize the academic and administrative computer systems such as, Microsoft Office products, Raiser’s Edge, and the Internet.
A high school diploma and significant experience in a related face paced environment required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor maintenance database preferred.
The University of Mount Union is an EEO employer.
Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled. Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position.