Accreditations and Affiliations
The University of Mount Union has programs approved by a number of accrediting bodies and groups.
Any questions regarding university or program accreditation may be directed to Susan Denning, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation, in the Office of Academic Affairs at (330) 829-8239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprosity Agreements (NC-SARA)
- Higher Learning Commission
- Department of Education of the State of Ohio (contained within NCATE accreditation)
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Department of Higher Education (Certificates of Authorization)
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Association of Sport and Physical Education-North American Society for Sport Management (NASPE-NASSM).
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- The program is currently non-compliant with Standard 11 until the three-year aggregate first-time Board of Certification passing rate is above 70%. Please see our test results here.
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- American Association for Health Educators (AAHE)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Early Childhood
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Intervention Specialist Mild to Moderate
- Ohio Board of Regents- Music
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE)- Physical Education
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Middle Schools Association (NMSA)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Ohio Board of Regents- Visual Arts
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA).
- Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)
Effective August 5, 2016 the Physical Therapy Program at the University of Mount Union has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314: phone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com). Candidate for Accreditation is a pre-accreditation status of affiliation with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education that indicates that the program is progressing toward accreditation and may matriculate students in technical/professional courses. Candidate for Accreditation is not an accreditation status nor does it assure eventual accreditation.