Accreditations and Affiliations
The University of Mount Union has programs approved by a number of accrediting bodies and groups.
Any questions regarding university or program accreditation may be directed to Susan Denning, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation, in the Office of Academic Affairs at (330) 829-8239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Higher Learning Commission
- Department of Education of the State of Ohio (contained within NCATE accreditation)
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Department of Higher Education (Certificates of Authorization)
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Association of Sport and Physical Education-North American Society for Sport Management (NASPE-NASSM).
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- The program is currently non-compliant with Standard 11 until the three-year aggregate first-time Board of Certification passing rate is above 70%. Please see our test results here.
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- American Association for Health Educators (AAHE)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Early Childhood
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Intervention Specialist Mild to Moderate
- Ohio Board of Regents- Music
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE)- Physical Education
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Middle Schools Association (NMSA)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Ohio Board of Regents- Visual Arts
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA).
In addition to the accreditations and affiliations listed above, the University is seeking accreditation for its new nursing program.
With regard to nursing, the University of Mount Union obtained:
- Approval from the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN) to offer the BSN degree program.
- Approval from the Higher Learning Commission to offer the BSN degree program.
- Authorization from the Ohio Board of Regents to offer the BSN degree program.
The University submitted an initial application for consideration for accreditation to the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and hosted an on-site visit by a CCNE accreditation team in fall 2015.