- Alina Selby ’14
- Hometown: Finleyville, PA
- Major: Mechanical engineering
I’ve always been interested in how things work and how I can make things more efficient.
Accreditations and Affiliations
The University of Mount Union has programs approved by a number of accrediting bodies and groups.
Any questions regarding university or program accreditation may be directed to Susan Denning, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation, in the Office of Academic Affairs at (330) 829-8239 or email@example.com.
- Higher Learning Commission
- Department of Education of the State of Ohio (contained within NCATE accreditation)
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Board of Regents (Certificates of Authorization)
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Association of Sport and Physical Education-North American Society for Sport Management (NASPE-NASSM).
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- American Association for Health Educators (AAHE)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Early Childhood
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Intervention Specialist Mild to Moderate
- Ohio Department of Education- Drama
- Ohio Board of Regents- Music
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Middle Schools Association (NMSA)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Ohio Department of Education-Visual Arts
- American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA).
In addition to the accreditations and affiliations listed above, the University is seeking accreditation for two of its new programs: engineering and nursing.
Mount Union has developed its engineering programs following the guidelines of the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. The University will seek full accreditation for these programs by following the timeline outlined by ABET when the first students graduate from the programs. Expected accreditation of the programs at that time will allow all graduates to note graduation from an accredited program on their credentials.
With regard to nursing, the University of Mount Union obtained:
- Approval from the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN) to offer the BSN degree program.
- Approval from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of College and Schools to offer the BSN degree program.
- Authorization from the Ohio Board of Regents to offer the BSN degree program.
Mount Union has developed its Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program following the Accreditation standards of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and standards of nursing education set by the Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN). The University will follow the CCNE procedures and guidelines to seek full accreditation for the BSN program. The program expects to obtain CCNE accreditation for the first class by the time of their graduation.