Administrative Assistant/Campus Guest Coordinator Support Staff, Office of Admission and Enrollment Services
Position reports to:
Director of Admission
Fundamental Objectives of this position:
This position serves as a first contact for prospective students and parents visiting the Gartner Welcome Center. The Administrative Assistant/Campus Guest Coordinator works directly with prospective students, their parents, the University of Mount Union faculty and coaching staff, and all visitors to the Gartner Welcome Center and provides administrative support duties necessary for the Director of Admission and Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Administrative Assistant/Campus Guest Coordinator must be able to energetically and enthusiastically serve the division of Enrollment Services when needed, as well as the staff, faculty, and the general public.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Administrative Assistant/Campus Guest Coordinator maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty, and character. He or she is dedicated to assisting the Office in advancing the University in a resource efficient manner.
The candidate must have excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills; demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities; and interest and willingness to be a part of the Admission and Enrollment teams.
This person is expected to be reliable, exercise judgment, and make decisions considered appropriate and necessary to provide the designated services, consulting with the Coordinator of the Welcome Center, Director of Admission, and Vice President for Enrollment Management on a regular basis.
Essential responsibilities of the position:
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Meet and greet guests in the Gartner Welcome Center upon arrival.
· Manage walk-in traffic for the Gartner Welcome Center and Enrollment Management offices; providing accurate information or referring to appropriate offices or persons.
· Enter data on CRM system, tracking visitors’ information and entering student inquiry data.
· Confirm upcoming scheduled Admission visits with special requests and send follow-up emails with evaluations for completed visits.
· Assist the Director of Admission and Vice President for Enrollment Management with setting up meetings, clerical support, and other projects as assigned.
· Maintain up-to-date computer skills and proficiency in new software programs.
· Manage the Office of Admission email account.
· Answer the Office of Admission phones with a pleasant and helpful demeanor.
· Fulfill responsibilities of the Camus Visit Coordinator in their absence.
· Schedule athletic visit request within the CRM.
· Assist with training for Student Ambassadors.
· Order office supplies and maintain organization of supplies.
· Participates in University compliance training as communicated by the University, the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
A high school degree and a significant amount of office experience is required. This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to strong interpersonal skills and a customer service attitude. Interest in serving the campus community is essential. Demonstrated excellence with detail-oriented work where accuracy is vital. Must be able to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, as well as maintain a high level of good judgment and confidentiality. Must possess the skills to utilize the administrative computer system programs, (e.g., Microsoft Office products, SLATE, the Internet) and the ability to perform all duties with minimal supervision.
Mount Union has a strong commitment to nurturing a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The University of Mount Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and names and contact information of three professional references. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position.