Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Position Reports to: Executive Director of Information Technology
Fundamental Objectives of this position:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Information Technology (IT), this person is responsible for providing secretarial support for the Office oflnformation Technology. A variety of tasks are associated with this position. A high level of professionalism and complete confidentiality is required in completing the tasks. The administrative assistant must be able to energetically, and enthusiastically assist the staff members of the Office of Information Technology, faculty, staff, students, vendors and guests who come to IT for support.
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Answer and direct phone calls and walk-in traffic.
• Significant knowledge of aspects of the Office oflnformation Technology is required to assist customers.
• Process incoming and outgoing US mail and interoffice mail.
• Responsible for processing of new student communications from the Office of Information Technology.
• Inventory, ordering and organization ofIT office supplies.
• Assist with process and verification ofIT travel forms (pre-and-post), reservations, update to budget spread sheet, etc.
• Assist with the management of staff meetings and IT related events.
• Creation and updates of IT handbooks and how-to documentation.
• Assist with maintaining of IT portal and main web pages.
• Assist with creation of quarterly newsletters.
• Assist with testing of new software and hardware as required for deployment of new technology for the campus community.
• Assist with organization ofIT training events for campus community.
• Keep record and inventory of attendance for technology courses offered to the campus community.
• Maintain records of confidentiality forms completed by IT staff, students and vendors.
• Processing of new faculty/staff user packets regarding network/email accounts.
• Assist with reservations of rooms, set-ups and ordering of catering.
• Order and maintain office supplies, business cards, nametags, letterhead, envelops, etc.
• Submit work orders for technology related support for customers when necessary to the IT helpdesk.
• Maintain up-to-date computer skills and proficiency in new software programs.
• Manage the general IT email account daily.
• Assist with technology related ordering of equipment as needed. Including the receiving of technology orders for processing.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director oflnformation Technology or IT staff.
• Assist with maintenance of campus online directory information.
• Assist with recording of minutes for various IT committees.
Knowledge, Skills, Job Competencies, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
• Excellent customer service, organizational, analytical and communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively with a demanding and diverse clientele in written and oral form.
• Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, especially demonstrated in working with faculty, staff, students and guests.
• Effective understanding of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Maintains currency in field by attending training and seminars pursuant to this position's needs.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with end users, colleagues, and technical staff. This position interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
• Manage time and resources and effectively balance multiple priorities. Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical time deadlines; and communicating effectively with co-workers, superiors, campus community as well as campus community guests.
• Analyze situations, reason logically and creatively identify problems draw valid conclusions and develop effective solutions.
• Maintain a clean and well organize work area.
• Work with limited supervision to carry out duties.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining detail documentation related to processes for the position.
• Investigate, analyze, manage and use independent judgment in identifying and ensuring the resolution of issues in a timely fashion.
• Take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of results for projects and tasks.
• Provide timely status updates to supervisor and highlighting potential issues/problems.
• Participates in University compliance training as communicated by the University, supervisor or Director of the Department.
A high school diploma and significant secretarial experience in a related environment are required. The candidate must posses strong verbal and written communications skills, strong interpersonal, customer service skills, and demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities. The candidate must also have the necessary skills to effectively utilize Microsoft Office products.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Please click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position. Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled.