Position Reports to: Director of Admission
Fundamental Objectives of this Position:
Under the supervision of the Director of Admission, the Admission Representatives at University of Mount Union are responsible for attaining recruitment goals within their designated territories and target groups. In addition, they participate fully in all recruitment activities that lead to the achievement of the University’s enrollment goals. The Admission Representative supports and guides students through the college selection process, orienting them to the offerings of the University. The Admission Representative fosters enthusiasm among high school students seeking admission into University of Mount Union.
This entry level admission position requires travel on a regular schedule around their assigned region. The representative is responsible for establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University and high school guidance personnel within their assigned region.
The Admission Representative is energetic, creative, forward-thinking and goal oriented; as well as, detailed oriented with a tolerance for ambiguity. The representative will have demonstrated strengths in the areas of planning, communication and follow through. He or she demonstrates excellent judgment and understands that effectively representing the University is a constant priority.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Admission Representative maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty and character. He or she is dedicated to advancing the University in a resource efficient manner and places significant priority on establishing and managing an annual recruitment programs within stipulated budget guidelines.
This person in this position is expected to exercise judgment and to make decisions considered appropriate and necessary to provide the designated services, consulting with the Director of Admissionon a regular basis.
- Coordination of significant annual recruitment program or activity; such as a specialized visit event or project focused on a target group of constituents.
- Travels on a regular schedule around their assigned region. Must maintain a valid, non-suspended, Ohio driver’s license at all times and meet the criteria to drive a University vehicle.
- Responsible for establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University and high school guidance personnel within assigned region.
- Facilitates and communicates with prospective students and their parents regarding admission into the University.
- Including the drafting of letters and emails to prospective students and their parents.
- Reviews admission files and recommends admission into University based upon University criteria.
- Criteria to include high school GPA, SAT, ACT scores, high school attendance record, high school and community activities.
- Responsible to maintain contact with student during freshman year and to assist others in the university with the retention of students they recruited.
- Coordination and implementation of individual and group visits to the University.
- Works with the Athletic department, faculty, and staff across campus.
- Participation as an active member of the Office of Admission staff at all events, including evenings and weekends.
- Manage a travel and program budget.
- Responsible for the integrity and consistency of recruitment data within their territory.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community.
- Participates in University compliance training as communicated by the University, the Vice President of Enrollment Management or the Director of Admission.
- Perform other functionally related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Experience in higher education is preferred - particularly small, private undergraduate education. The Admission Representative must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills to effectively market the University; and the ability to work with traditional age applicants, and their parents; as well as nontraditional age applicants. Additionally, the Admission Representative must have demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities.
Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled. Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position.