- Nathan Lorah ’16
- Hometown: East Liverpool, Ohio
- Major: Civil Engineering
I learned how to take initiative as a leader as I worked with a group of my peers to write a detailed report on constructing a windmill. Constructing the windmill and watching it work to produce energy was a rewarding experience.
Advising and Registration Procedure
Spring 2014 CLASSES
Engineering majors MUST have their schedules approved by their academic advisors
- STEP 1: Prepare a written proposed schedule (as much as possible without advisement). Check to see that you have the proper prerequisites and/or corequisites for each class (they can be found in the University Catalogue). Include at least ONE ALTERNATE COURSE in your schedule (not sections of the same course!) in case a course you want closes.
- STEP 2: Make an appointment to meet with your advisor before you register. You can find out who is your advisor on "SELF SERVICE." You can also find your advisor’s name on the outside of your advising folder. Advisors have their office hours posted on their office doors and most advisors will have a sign-up sheet outside their door where you can sign-up for an advising session. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to see your advisor. You must meet with your advisor to be authorized to register.
- STEP 3: Bring your proposed class schedule to your advising session. Your advisor will review, sign, and date your class schedule sheet. Your advisor will also authorize you to register.
- STEP 4: After advising, take the class schedule sheet and your advising folder to the Engineering Office, EBB 121. Ms. Karen Skiba will make a copy of your approved schedule for your use during online registration and she will keep the folder in the office. Your original approved schedule will remain in your engineering folder. We need the original as proof of what your advisor approved for you and also ABET requires that we have a copy for our records.
- STEP 5: Complete registration during your assigned advanced registration period using SELF SERVICE.
- STEP 6: If a class on your approved schedule is closed (full) and your alternate classes won't work, register for all the approved classes you can and then check with the instructor offering the closed class.