Master's in Educational Leadership Application Process
The University of Mount Union's master’s in educational leadership Program has been officially approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Higher Learning Commission. The University has also received ODHE approval to offer the Ohio Principal's License (PreK-6, 4-9 and 5-12). Steps to apply are as follows:
- Submit two required recommendations by former professors and/or employers who can attest to the applicant's potential for graduate level study and research, as well as suitability for educational leadership. The required online recommendation form is included as part of the online application. Recommendations will not be accepted in any other format.
- A non-refundable application fee of $30 must be paid after submitting the application using the Status Page. Credit/debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and electronic check (U.S. banks only) are accepted.
- Request an official transcript from each of the colleges or universities previously attended. Each institution must forward the transcript to: Master’s in educational leadership Program, Office of Admission, University of Mount Union, 1972 Clark Avenue, Alliance OH 44601. Failure to submit an official transcript for each previous institution where coursework was attempted, regardless of whether or not credit was received, will void the application for admission.
- Upload a résumé or curriculum vitae to the applicant's status page after submission of the application.
- Upload a 250-500 word essay which outlines career aspirations, qualifications and rationale for applying to the program to the applicant's status page after submission of the application.
- Incomplete applications, applications submitted without the non-refundable $30 application fee or applications completed after the deadline will not be reviewed.