Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement & University Activities
Position Reports to: The Director of Alumni Engagement & University Activities
Fundamental Objectives of this Position:
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement and University Activities assists with the successful execution of a robust alumni engagement program. Additionally, they will continue to develop and be responsible to implement an evolving social media campaign, Student Alumni Association Program, Parent & Families Association communication, and programming plus work collaboratively with the Mount Union Fund on the Senior Class Gift.
The ability to successfully oversee and manage multi-functional or diverse areas; excellent organization skills, comfortable working with alumni from various ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds, detail oriented and excellent written and verbal communication skills; collegial collaborative style; must have excellent interpersonal skills and high attention to detail, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions and work across departmental lines plus available to work nights and weekends when required (events).
This position will work closely with fellow Alumni Engagement team members in developing and implementing alumni engagement programming and communication along with incorporating The Mount Union Fund messaging.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Assistant Director maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty, and character. He or she is dedicated to advancing the Institution in a resource efficient manner and places a significant priority on accountability, reliability and working within annual budget constraints.
He or she will directly support and work alongside the Director of Alumni Engagement with events, social media, and all aspects of communication to reach a broad base of alumni. This position is responsible for our social media accounts, several email newsletters, our Mount Union Alumni Linkedin account, Commencement correspondence with graduates including compiling the packets and working with The Mount Union Fund on the senior class gift. The position will assist the director with strategies to engage alumni with campus activities, developing relationships within the region the alumni reside, work collaboratively with career services to communicate career opportunities for alumni, develop programming to engage current students plus events to engage the M Club (alumni varsity letter winner association), plus additional event planning.
The Office of Alumni Engagement is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive alumni relations program to engage alumni and other key constituents in the life of the institution. This position also assists with the planning, organizing and overseeing of major campus events and activities (Matriculation, Schooler Lecture, the 50th Class Reunion etc.).
Primary Responsibilities for Assistant Director Alumni Engagement and University Activities
- Assists in designing and implementing effective on-and off-campus programs.
- Assists the Director with organizing significant annual programs such as Homecoming and Alumni Weekend, Regional Alumni gatherings, Schooler Lecture and Dinner and the 50th Class Reunion.
- Assists the Director with coordinating Matriculation, Commencement and various Department ceremonies.
- Assists the Director with volunteer leadership of the University of Mount Union Alumni Association and the M Club (varsity letter winner association.)
- Facilitates and communicates with constituents regarding alumni inquiries.
- Participates as an active member of the University Advancement staff.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in professional organizations, seminars, and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional contacts in the community.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant Director of the Mount Union Fund on planning and organizing senior activities to achieve their class fundraising goal.
- Participates in University compliance training as communicated by the University, the Vice President of University Advancement or the Director of Alumni Engagement and University Activities
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Tasks include; but are not limited to:
- Develops programming to promote diversity and young alumni engagement at the University.
- Responsible for the Parent and Families Association newsletter and the committee to invite parents and families to various programs held on campus.
- Assists with executing ceremonies and receptions prior to and/or after events.
- Process requests to join and post announcements on the Mount Union Alumni Linkedin account
- Responsible for scheduling and posting on our Facebook account
- Responsible for graduate communication throughout the year including information packets plus coordinating the Great Teacher Award
- Assist with advising the Student Alumni Association including volunteer opportunities and events
- Coordinate volunteers for large events including Commencement, Alumni Weekend and Homecoming, Schooler Lecture, SCHOLAR Day and more.
A Bachelor's degree and significant experience in a related environment required. The candidate must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills; experience in working with volunteers; and demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities. Experience in communications, outreach or development, sound judgment, with strong technology skills (use of Microsoft products). An exceptional candidate will have some related experience in higher education.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful background screening.