Aubrey Fruchey '18
Major: Early Childhood Education
Hometown: Columbus Grove, Ohio
Future kindergarten teacher
Member of Track & Field, FCA, SNEA, IT’S Math, Alpha Lambda Delta, Track & Field Bible Study
MY EXCEPTIONAL STORY
A Home Away From Home
The feeling I got while on campus was a feeling of home. I could say it was the friendly students, helpful professors or amazing sports program, but it was so much more than that. It was the confidence of the admission staff. It was the reassurance of the track coach that I would be successful, not only in athletics, but also in academics if I put in the effort. The overall presence of the campus was powerful. That is why I chose to come here, and I now realize it was the right decision because I couldn’t even fathom myself going elsewhere.
A Welcoming Community
What I like most about Mount Union are the people. I have made some of my best friends here at Mount Union. Everyone makes you feel welcome and will go out of their way to introduce themselves, and they are truly genuine people.
Preparation for Success
There is no doubt in my mind that everyone will leave Mount Union ready to tackle their next journey. The personal relationships with the teachers, who are willing to spend the extra time with every student but continue to push us to our best abilities, along with the constant encouragement sent from the faculty and staff are just a few of the many reasons Mount Union prepares us for success after graduating.
Love for Education
I chose Early Childhood Education as my major because I want to help people. I want to go to work every day knowing that I can make a difference in this world. I want my students to learn from me, but I also want to learn from my students.
One of my favorite classes that I have taken so far is my First-Year Seminar, “Demons and Diagnosis” with Dr. Meyer. This was my first class of my college career. I never knew that a class that is so strange could be so fascinating. Dr. Meyer did an awesome job of making us critically think without us knowing that we were critically thinking.
A Liberal Arts Education
A liberal arts education is a huge part of Mount Union’s success. I am now able to stand in front of a class confidently and present a speech with ease, whereas before I wanted to throw up the moment a professor said “presentation.” I have Mount Union to thank for this.
My ultimate career goal is to become a kindergarten or first grade teacher and coach throwing for track and field.
What I like most about Mount Union are the people… Everyone makes you feel welcome and will go out of their way to introduce themselves.
- Where is your favorite travel destination?
- My favorite travel destination is Washington D.C. I love being surrounded by so much history.
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would it be and why?
- If I could try out any job for a day, I would be an architect and interior design. I love to decorate and “build” houses on apps and games. I think it would be fun!
- What is your favorite quote or motto?
- "I’m with you ‘til the end of the line.”-Captain America
- What was your favorite toy/board game as a child?
- My all time favorite toy as a child were Dream Streets. My sister and I would play with these for hours every day.
- What’s your all-time favorite movie or TV show?
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier