Audition Day Information
ARRIVAL: The audition activities will take no longer than one hour.
PARKING: Due to ongoing construction at the site of the new Performing Arts Center, no on-site parking is available behind the building. Alternate parking is available on Simpson and Vincent Streets and in the Eells Art Center parking lot, as well as in other campus parking lots.
AUDITION SCHEDULE: Each student will participate in the following activities: (1) individual audition(s) with music faculty, and (2) an interview with representatives of the department faculty.
PRACTICE ROOMS: The music department has individual practice rooms located in Cope Music Hall. Limited warm-up time is provided in your personal schedule. You are welcome to use these facilities on audition day.
PARENTS: We welcome your attendance on audition days. You are invited to be present at the audition with your child’s consent, and to meet with the music faculty afterwards.
HOSPITALITY: Parents and students are invited to the lobby of Cope Music Hall where refreshments will be available.
ACCOMPANISTS: Instrumentalists and vocalists should provide their own accompanist whenever possible. If we will be providing an accompanist for you, you will need to mail or fax your music one month before your audition date and plan to arrive one-half hour early to rehearse with the accompanist before your audition.
- Select music that shows your talents in the best light.
- Be prepared to perform to the top of your ability.
- Arrive well in advance of your audition time to allow for a sufficient warm-up.
- Make sure your instrument is in proper working order.
- Have all appropriate musical scores (not photocopies) with you.
- Dress as you would for a serious business interview (no jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, etc)
QUESTIONS: Contact Ms. Haught, Secretary, Visual and Performing Arts
Address: 1972 Clark Ave., Alliance, Ohio 44601