American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
The American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) is a high-visibility effort to address global climate disruption undertaken by a network of colleges and universities that have made institutional commitments to eliminate net greenhouse gas emissions from specified campus operations, and to promote the research and educational efforts of higher education to equip society to re-stabilize the earth’s climate.
- The University of Mount Union President was among the first 500 college and university presidents to sign this commitment.
Mount Union has accomplished the following steps of the commitment: (view full report)
- Created a Sustainability Management Advisory Committee
- Taken two action steps toward sustainability:
- Conducted a greenhouse gas inventory – our campus carbon footprint is 31245 metric tonnes per year or about 12.5 tonnes per person (students and employees)
- Developed a climate action plan to take the campus to a level of climate neutrality.