- Alina Selby ’14
- Hometown: Finleyville, PA
- Major: Mechanical engineering
I’ve always been interested in how things work and how I can make things more efficient.
Blue Light Emergency Phones
There are 10 emergency phones strategically located on the Mount Union campus. Emergency phones are installed to enhance the security of the Mount Union community. They can be used:
- when you feel you are in danger.
- to report an emergency.
What does an emergency phone look like?
This photo shows the typical emergency phone found on campus.
How does it work?
- Press the button to establish communication. Speak clearly. A dispatcher takes your call right away. The dispatcher will have a real-time, two-way conversation with you. When you press the red button, a blue strobe light is activated. A flashing blue light means there’s an emergency. If you see a flashing blue light, someone may need help! Call Campus Security immediately.
- Remain near the phone. If possible to safely do so, please remain near the emergency phone. A Campus Security Officer will be dispatched to your location immediately.
Where are these emergency phones located?
Click here for a map showing the locations of the emergency phones on the Mount Union campus.