The University of Mount Union Library provides access to these resources for use by Mount Union students, faculty and staff. Indexes for general research are listed at the top of the page with subject specific resources below. Off-campus access is possible using your name and barcode as found on your Purple Plus Card (barcode number begins 27048, please use the entire number). Please direct questions you may have about these resources to a University Librarian at 330-823-3795 or 330-257-5742 (texting).
General Research Databases:
- Academic Search Complete
Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study
- Academic Video Online: Premium
A multidisciplinary collection of streaming video featuring over 50,000 videos and growing
- EJC - Electronic Journal Center
Full text of 6000+ research journals
- Films on Demand
Over 8200 full-length streaming video programs from academic and commercial publishers including PBS, BBC, CNBC, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, Bill Moyers Journal, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer
- Image Quick View (searches Academic Search Complete)
- ISI Web of Knowledge
Portal to Web of Science, providing high quality, diversified scholarly information in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities
Full text scholarly journals in the Arts & Sciences, Business, Language and Literature
- Lexis Nexis Academic
Full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- Media Education Foundation
Streaming videos for the arts and sciences
- NYTimes.com - online version of The New York Times
- Digital access requires an account which user MUST set up at www.NYTIMES.com/Pass using their Mount Union email address
- Once account is created and verified user will have access for 364 days using that account information – please renew password from the UMU Library website when account expires using links on Library webpages for Subject Research or Newspapers
- Users will have unlimited access to The New York Times archived articles before 1923 and after 1980. Access during those years is limited to 5 free articles per day.
- NYTimesinEducation.com - user must create their own login account to use this resource.
- Sage Stats
A download and visualization tool for data about U.S. states, counties, cities, metropolitan areas, and governments covering topics such as employment, crime, religion, education, politics, business and industry.
Communication Research Databases:
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
CMMC incorporates CommSearch and Mass Media Articles Index along with numerous other journals; CMMC offers cover-to-cover ("core") indexing and abstracts for over 300 journals, and selected ("priority") coverage of over 100 more, for a combined coverage of over 400 titles; full text for nearly 200 journals.
- Film & Television Literature Index with Full Text
Full-text articles about television and film writing providing access to more than 300 publications, and selected coverage of 300 more
- Humanities International Complete
Provides bibliographic references to literary, scholarly and creative journals published in the United States and Canada; This database covers over 1,700 journals and more than 1.5 million records
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Full text of major debate and research topics
- Peace Research Abstracts
- Statistical Abstract US (Proquest)