- Noah Hiles ’17
- Hometown: Burgettstown, PA
- Major: Communication
Since I was 12 years old, I have wanted to be a sports broadcaster. Within three weeks of being on campus, I was on the radio doing sideline reports for the best D3 football team in the nation.
Communication Studies Major Requirements
The Communication Studies major is provided for students seeking a general approach to the study of communication. A wide range of subjects and theoretical perspectives are studied.
Required Communication Core Courses
- Introduction to Communication
- Public Speaking
- Group Communication
- Research in Communication Studies
- Senior Seminar
Required Communication Courses
- Survey of Mass Media
- Introduction to Global and Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Persuasion and Social Movements
- Public Advocacy and Argumentation
- Minorities, Women and the Media
- Gender, Communication and Society
- American Indian Rhetoric
- African American Rhetoric
Two additional 300 or 400- level course selected with a faculty advisor.