Criminal Justice and Law Resources
The University of Mount Union Library provides access to these resources for use by Mount Union students, faculty and staff. Indexes for general research are listed at the top of the page with subject specific resources below. Off-campus access is possible using your name and barcode as found on your Purple Plus Card (barcode number begins 27048, please use the entire number). Please direct questions you may have about these resources to a University Librarian at 330-823-3795 or 330-257-5742 (texting).
General Research Databases:
- Academic Search Complete
Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study
- EJC - Electronic Journal Center
Full text of 6000+ research journals
- Films on Demand
Over 8200 full-length streaming video programs from academic and commercial publishers including PBS, BBC, CNBC, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, Bill Moyers Journal, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer
- Image Quick View (searches Academic Search Complete)
- ISI Web of Knowledge
Portal to Web of Science, providing high quality, diversified scholarly information in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities
Full text scholarly journals in the Arts & Sciences, Business, Language and Literature
- Lexis Nexis Academic
Full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- Media Education Foundation
Streaming videos for the arts and sciences
- NYTimes.com - online version of The New York Times
- Digital access requires an account which user MUST set up at www.NYTIMES.com/Pass using their Mount Union email address
- Once account is created and verified user will have access for 364 days using that account information – please renew password from the UMU Library website when account expires using links on Library webpages for Subject Research or Newspapers
- Users will have unlimited access to The New York Times archived articles before 1923 and after 1980. Access during those years is limited to 5 free articles per day.
- NYTimesinEducation.com - user must create their own login account to use this resource.
- Ohio Jurisprudence via Westlaw - To access: First go to “State Materials”, then “Ohio”, then scroll down to “Secondary Sources"
- VAST: Academic Video Online
A multidisciplinary collection of streaming video which will include access to 20,000 videos in 2013.
Criminal Justice and Law Research Databases:
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
- Historical Statistics of the United States
- ICPSR: Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts
- NCJRS (National Criminal Justice Reference Service) Abstracts Database
- NORC: Criminal Justice
National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago
Index, abstracts, and full text covering sociology, including social behavior, human tendencies, interaction, relationships, community development, culture and social structure
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
Information from over 600 sources which presents system characteristics, public opinion, offenses known, arrests, judicial processing, and corrections
- Uniform Crime Reporting
- U.S. Courts
- WestlawNext Campus Research
WestlawNext simplifies your starting point for legal research – this platform replaces the current Westlaw which will be phased out the end of the year