The Department of Human Performance and Sport Business seeks to contribute to the goals and objectives of the University by providing the following programs:
- A program of professional preparation for teaching which allows students to meet state teaching licensure standards for physical education.
- A major in athletic training, a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) Accredited Athletic Training Education Program which qualifies students to challenge the NATA Board of Certification Examination as well as the state examination for Licensure in Athletic Training in Ohio
- A major in exercise science which prepares students for various certification levels offered by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and/or for certification offered by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) upon graduation.
- A program of physical education basic instructional activity classes which encompasses lifetime leisure activities, aquatics, physical fitness, and recreational pursuits.
- A program of intramural sport activities which provides all students the opportunity for enjoyable participation in individual sports, team sports and recreational activities.
- A schedule for the total physical education and athletic facilities which allows the students maximum opportunity to enjoy their favorite activities at their leisure.
- A major in sport business which prepares students to serve the athletic community as managers, directors, promoters, marketers, and administrators.