- Brett Fortune ‘17
- Hometown: Wooster, Ohio
- Major: Nursing
I chose to major in nursing because it is a hands-on major that requires lifelong learning. Plus, the opportunity to make a huge impact in someone's life is exciting and meaningful.
Advantages of a Direct Entry Nursing Program
Benefits of Mount Union’s four-year, direct entry BSN Program:
- You are admitted directly into the BSN Program as a freshman
- You are immediately introduced to nursing coursework, allowing you more opportunities to explore the different areas of nursing
- You can have peace-of-mind knowing you will not be placed on a waiting list
- You will have the freedom to engage with your peers and work with one another while learning without the pressure of competing for spots in the nursing program
What does Mount Union’s direct entry BSN Program entail?
- Rigorous four-year program
- First year focuses on a solid foundation of science, liberal arts and an in-depth introduction to the nursing profession
- Clinical rotations begin in your second year
- Hands-on experience in a variety of clinical specialty settings and clinical areas
- A Preceptorship allowing students to work with a professional nurse will successfully transition you into your real-world nursing responsibilities
Upon the completion of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, students will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN Board exam to become a License Registered Nurse (RN).
Schedule a campus visit today and learn more in person!