Directions to Mount Union
Mount Union's 123-acre campus is located in Alliance, Ohio (population 25,000).
Directions By Car:
The University’s address is 1972 Clark Ave, Alliance, OH 44601. This will take you to Beeghly Hall, the administration building. Use this address to get to campus and then follow the maps linked below to get to other buildings.
- Gartner Welcome Center
- Hoover-Price Campus Center (HPCC)
- McPherson Academic and Athletic Complex (MAAC)
- Performing Arts Center
Mount Union highway directions include several major highways that bring you close to Alliance. Specific routes from major metropolitan areas are as follows:
- FROM BUFFALO -- Take I-90 west to Erie, then I-79 south to I-80 west. Follow 80 west for 15 miles past the Ohio border to I-76 west (Akron junction). Follow 76 west to Exit 54 (Rt. 534). Follow 534 south to Rt. 62. Take 62 west into Alliance. The College is located on 62.
- FROM CLEVELAND -- Take I-77 south to Canton, then Rt. 62 east. Take the Alliance exit. Turn right. The College will be on your LEFT (Clark Ave.) and is approximately 2.5 miles down 62 (State Street).
- FROM COLUMBUS -- Take I-71 north to Mansfield, then Rt. 30 east to Canton. Follow I-77 north to Rt. 62 east. Take the Alliance exit. Turn right. The College will be on your LEFT (Clark Ave.) and is approximately 2.5 miles down 62 (State Street).
- FROM NEW YORK CITY -- Take I-80 west to the Pennsylvania-Ohio border. Then follow directions as indicated in the Buffalo section.
- FROM PITTSBURGH -- Take Rt. 60 north to Beaver Falls, then take Rt. 51 west to Alliance. Stay straight on this highway, although routes will change from 51 to 14 to 14A and 62 west into Alliance... OR Take the Pennsylvania turnpike west (I-76 west) to the Ohio Turnpike. Continue west on the Ohio Turnpike to Exit 16 (Rt. 7). Follow Rt. 7 south to Rt. 14 west. Take 14 west to combined Rts. 173 and 62 west which will lead into Alliance. The College is located on 62.
Traveling By Air:
If you are looking for an airport by Mount Union, the Akron-Canton Airport is located approximately 20 miles west of Alliance and is served by all major airlines. Mount Union is also located just 70 miles southeast of Cleveland and 80 miles west of Pittsburgh. Both cities have major airports.
You have the option of hiring a taxi service at your own expense. Here is a list of taxi services that operate between the University of Mount Union and the Akron/Canton Airport.
- Action Taxi: 330-706-7866
- Akron Canton Taxi: 330-808-2159
- Airport Taxi: 330-434-4444
- Shuttle One Services: 330-494-5800