Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The University of Mount Union complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you have a concern regarding the use of copyrighted material on any site on the mountunion.edu network, please contact the agent designated to respond to reports alleging copyright infringement.
The designated agent for the University of Mount Union campus to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the DMCA is:
Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
Telephone: (330) 823-6572
Address: 1972 Clark Ave
Alliance, OH 44601
The DMCA specifies that all infringement claims must be in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright holder or a person authorized to act on his or her behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.