Doctor of Physical Therapy Admission Requirements
The University of Mount Union intends to launch a Doctor of Physical Therapy Program in the fall of 2015 pending the appropriate approvals. Follow the program’s progress through the accreditation process.
Applicants must complete all the listed prerequisites prior to enrollment into the professional curriculum:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Overall GPA of 3.2
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.2
- GRE score (a competitive candidate will score between 800-1000 or the equivalent)
- 8 hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- 8 hours of General Physics
- 4 hours of General or Specialized Biology (e.g. Microbiology, Genetics, Vertebrate Zoology, Vertebrate Physiology, Developmental Biology, Pathophysiology or Immunology)
- 4 hours of General Chemistry
- 4 hours of Additional General Chemistry or Specialized Chemistry (e.g. Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or Biochemistry)
- 4 hours of Statistics
- 8 hours of Psychology (e.g. General, Child, Developmental, Abnormal or Lifespan Psychology)
- 8 hours of Social Science and/or Humanities (e.g. Ethics, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Literature)
- 80 hours of observation in Physical Therapy must be completed by the time of application
- Three letters of recommendation (Physical Therapist, College Instructor, Employer/Choice)
For International Applicants: The TOEFL-iBT minimum composite score of 89 with minimum subsets; 24 Writing, 26 Speaking, 21 Reading & Comprehension, and 18 Listening. Comparable values would be 220 on the computer based exam; 560 on the paper based form, a TSE of 50 and/or a TWE of 4.5.
The University of Mount Union is not yet accepting applications for the Doctor of Physical Therapy. Check back frequently for a posted application, or submit the form below and we will contact you when the application becomes available.