Doctor of Physical Therapy Admission Requirements
Applicants must complete all the listed prerequisites prior to enrollment into the professional curriculum. Please contact Eric Young at (330) 829-8238 or email@example.com with questions regarding your application materials or status.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- University of Mount Union students and graduates: If you have graduated or will be graduating with a baccalaureate degree from the University of Mount Union, you will not need to request your transcript from the Office of the Registrar. Through indicating Mount Union as an institution on your application, the Office of Admission will obtain a copy directly from the Office of the Registrar, and your application checklist will be updated accordingly once that has been received.
- Overall GPA of 3.2
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.2
- GRE a competitive candidate will report a score of 153 verbal reasoning, 156 quantitative reasoning, and 4 analytical writing (800-1000 on the old scale)
- 8 hours of Anatomy and Physiology
- 8 hours of General Physics
- 4 hours of General or Specialized Biology (e.g. Microbiology, Genetics, Vertebrate Zoology, Vertebrate Physiology, Developmental Biology, Pathophysiology or Immunology)
- 4 hours of General Chemistry
- 4 hours of advanced or specialized Chemistry (e.g. Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or Biochemistry)
- 4 hours of Statistics
- 8 hours of Psychology (e.g. General, Child, Developmental, Abnormal or Lifespan Psychology)
- 8 hours of Social Science and/or Humanities (e.g. Ethics, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Literature)
- 80 hours of observation in Physical Therapy must be completed by the time of application
- Three letters of recommendation (Physical Therapist, College Instructor, Employer/Choice)
For International Applicants: The TOEFL-iBT minimum composite score of 89 with minimum subsets; 24 Writing, 26 Speaking, 21 Reading & Comprehension, and 18 Listening. Comparable values would be 220 on the computer based exam; 560 on the paper based form, a TSE of 50 and/or a TWE of 4.5.