EESP Program Information
WHO is EESP for?
High school sophomores, juniors, seniors, and high school graduates preparing to enroll as college freshmen and who have successfully completed Algebra I are eligible to attend EESP. This program is geared toward students with an interest in pursuing a career in engineering. Students with some exposure to engineering courses in high school are strongly encouraged to sign up. Students with little to no engineering exposure are also welcome and encouraged as well.
WHAT is EESP?
EESP is a one-week summer program featuring hands-on learning through projects and experiences in six different engineering disciplines as well as other important skills and practices for the next generation of engineers.
WHEN is EESP?
June 17 – June 23, 2018
The program begins at 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 17 and concludes at noon on Saturday, June 23.
WHERE is EESP?
The program is held on the University of Mount Union’s campus, located at 1972 Clark Ave., Alliance, Ohio.
What is the COST?
- Commuter: $570 – Includes lunch Monday through Friday and one dinner.
- Residential: $795 – Includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner from Sunday evening through Saturday morning as well as overnight accommodations in a campus residence hall.
- Optional Tuition Charge: $100 (to earn college credit)* | Transcript Fee: $5
- Scholarship Opportunity: Students of underrepresented groups have the opportunity to apply for tuition assisistance.
*Those opting to not earn official college credit by not paying the optional tuition charge will receive a grade of NG (no grade) and will earn 0-credit hours. However, the 0 credit, NG graded course will be recorded on an official transcript for the student.
Both options include instruction by university faculty, all instructional materials, supervision by trained college-student mentors, social and team building activities, and an EESP T-shirt.
NO refunds after May 1. Prior to May 1, a $50 cancellation fee will be applied to any refund.
Copy of Transcript: $100 – For the two credits earned by successfully completing the program
How do I register?
To register and view the registration checklist, visit mountunion.edu/EESP-registration. EESP is limited to 25 students. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For additional program information:
Dr. Osama Jadaan, Chair of the Department of Engineering
(330) 823-5989 | email@example.com
For additional registration information:
Jenny Huth, Director of Camps and Conferences
(330) 829-2877 | firstname.lastname@example.org