Facility Use Policy
The Huston Brumbaugh Nature Center is a part of the Brumbaugh Center for Environmental Science. The Center belongs to Mount Union and is under the administrative jurisdiction of the Biology Department.
Trails are open to the general public during daylight hours.
Groups intending to use trails only should make reservations to assure ample parking and minimal interference with other programs.
Building use is subject to the following policies:
For groups affiliated with Mount Union:
- First priority for use is for classes at the University of Mount Union.
- Second priority is for environmental education programs provided by or supervised by Mount Union staff or volunteers.
- Third priority is for other Mount Union organizations.
For groups not affiliated with Mount Union:
Priority is given to:
- Groups that schedule an environmental education program in which one of our staff or trained volunteers is conducting the program.
- Groups that use the building for environmental programs that are not led by our personnel but which have been reviewed and approved as having significant environmental content and for which participants are not charged or for which the charge is limited to actual cost of the program (The facilities are not available for profit making activities).
Groups that wish to charge for programs, except as outlined above, will not be accommodated. Groups will not be accommodated for purposes other than environmental education.
All requests for facility use should be made to the Nature Center at (330) 823-7487 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.