- Jesse Phillips ‘14
- Hometown: Norwalk, Ohio
- Major: English: Writing
I love the options at Mount Union. Even if you have little to no vision of your future plans, and you keep an open heart and open mind, you can find something that interests you.
Faculty Bios and Selected Publications
Michelle Collins-Sibley, Ph.D.
AB, Stanford University (1977); MA, Monterey Institute of International Studies (1980); PhD, State University of New York at Binghamton (1990)
- “Who Can Speak? Authority and Authenticity in Olaudah Equiano and Phillis Wheatley.” Journal of Colonialism and Colonial History 5.3 (2004): n.p. Web. 11 Apr. 2011.
Danielle A. Cordaro, Ph.D.
BA, Western Michigan University (2003); MA, Western Michigan University (2005); PhD, Purdue University (2010)
Rodney F. Dick, Ph.D.
BA, Gonzaga University (1996); MA, University of Louisville (2000); PhD, University of Louisville (2005)
- “Does Interface Matter? A Study of Web Authoring and Editing By Inexperienced Web Writers.” Business Communications Quarterly. (2006): 205-215. Print.
- “The Writing Major As Shared Commitment.” What We Are Becoming: Development In Undergraduate Writing Majors. Eds. Greg A. Giberson and Thomas A. Moriarty. Logan: Utah State University Press, 2010. 98-129. Print.
Katherine McMahon, Ph.D.
BA, Oberlin College (1971); MA, Northern Illinois University (1976); PhD, Northern Illinois University (1985)
Michael Olin-Hitt, Ph.D
BA, Otterbein College (1986); MA, The Ohio State University (1989); PhD, The Ohio State University (1993)
- “Prodigal.” The Other Side (Sept/Oct 2000): 42-47. Print.
- “Norm Denton’s Kid, 1972.” Notre Dame Review Winter (2001): 80-93. Print.
- The Word of God Upon My Lips: A Messenger Speaks. San Francisco: Council
- Oak Books, 2007. Print.
- The Homegoing: A Novel. Huron: Bottom Dog Press, 2012. Print.
Andrew Price, Ph.D.
BA, St. Anselm College (1982); MA, University of Notre Dame (1985); PhD, University of Notre Dame (1988)
Gwen Gray Schwartz, Ph.D.
BA, Occidental College (1990); MA, Morehead State University (1994); PhD, University of Arizona (2006)
- “Coming to Terms: Generation 1.5 Students in Mainstream Composition.”
The Reading Matrix 4.3 (2004): 40-57. Print.
- “Subtexting Mainstream Generation 1.5 Identities: Acculturation Theories
at Work.” Reinventing Identities in Second Language Writing. Eds. Michelle Cox, et al. Urbana: NCTE, 2010. 29-50. Print.
Frank Tascone, M.A., M.F.A.
BA, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (1985); MA, Bowling Green State University (1989); MFA, University of North Carolina-Wilmington (1998)
- “Priscilla Gload.” Chautauqua 7(2010): 218-228. Print.
David Thiele, Ph.D.
BA, Kenyon College (1991); MA, Boston College (1995); PhD, Boston College (2003)
- “Dracula and Whitmania: the Pass-Word Primeval.” English Literature in Transition 1880-1920 48.2 (2005): 188-205. Print.
- “Ruskin, Authority, and Adult Education.” Ruskin’s Struggle for Coherence: Self-Representation through Art, Place, and Society. Eds. Rachel Dickenson and Keith Hanley. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2006.138-153. Print.
- “That There Brutus: Elite Culture and Knowledge Diffusion in the Industrial Novels of Elizabeth Gaskell.” Victorian Literature and Culture 35.1 (2007): 263-285. Print.