Fall 2015 LINC Speakers Announced
September 10, 2015
ALLIANCE, Ohio – The University of Mount Union has announced speakers for the LINC (Lunch, Information, Networking and Conversation) series for the upcoming 2015-2016 academic year.
LINC is held on the fourth Tuesday during the months of September, October, November, January, February and March in the East Room at the Hoover-Price Campus Center at Mount Union and features an hour of food, discussion on a current topic with one of the University’s faculty members and a chance to interact with members of the University and greater Alliance community. Lunch will begin promptly at noon. The program will begin at 12:20 p.m. and conclude by 1 p.m.
Hosts for this year’s series are Sheilah Smith, general manager/vice president at Huntington Bank and Melissa Gardner, vice president for marketing at the University of Mount Union.
The speakers are as follows:
- September 22 – Professor Mike Kachilla, assistant professor of management, internship coordinator, professional in residence and director of entrepreneurial studies, will present, “Did Everyone Get Trophies? Understanding the Generational Differences.”
- October 27 – Dr. Kristine Turko, associate professor of psychology, will present, “Attention and Memory in Everyday Life.”
- November 24 – Dr. Lonnie Lowery, assistant professor of human performance and sport business, will present, “Coffee and Health: A Heated and Strong Debate.”
- January 26 – Dr. Rodney Dick, associate professor of English and chair of the Department of English, will present, “Texting, Tweeting and Status Updates: Is Technology Making Us Stupid?”
- February 23 – Professor Margo Miller, associate professor of art and chair of the Department of Art, will present, “Why the Visual Arts?”
- March 22 – Dr. Andy Bain, assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice, will present, “The Economy of Crime and Punishment.”
The cost to attend an individual event is $10 and a season package is available for $50. A season pass guarantees a saved spot at each event. Payment is accepted prior to the event by check via mail. Tickets can also be purchased at the door, but advanced reservations are required.
For more information or to make a reservation, contact Molly Fulton at (330) 823-6063 or email@example.com.