Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grant (2017-2018)
This grant is awarded to eligible students after FAFSA information is reviewed and need is determined. Award amounts are based upon Federal Pell Grant eligibility. The maximum Federal Pell Grant award for the 2017-2018 award year is $5,920

Interested students should contact the Office of Student Financial Aid. In exchange for receiving a TEACH Grant, you must agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves low-income students (see below for more information on high-need fields and schools serving low-income students). As a recipient of a TEACH Grant, you must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which you received a TEACH Grant.

IMPORTANT: If you fail to complete this service obligation, all amounts of TEACH Grants that you received will be converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. You must then repay this loan to the U.S. Department of Education. You will be charged interest from the date the grant(s) was disbursed. Note: TEACH Grant recipients will be given a 6-month grace period prior to entering repayment if a TEACH Grant is converted to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan. More information can be found at www.studentaid.gov.


  • Federal Work Study is a need-based fund awarded to the student. Not all students are eligible for this program.
  • Both tax withholding forms and work authorization forms must be completed BEFORE beginning any campus job.
  • If an eligible student does not work, they will earn $0 from the federal work study program.

The Federal Work Study Program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.

The Office of Student Financial Aid will determine eligibility. If Federal Work Study is listed in the student’s financial aid package, they are not guaranteed a job. Students can also work on campus if they are not awarded Federal Work Study. First year students can earn up to $1800 and upperclassmen can earn up to $2500.

Students are responsible for securing employment on campus. They may look on the “Student Job Book” on iRaider (the University’s portal) or by inquiring in person about potential openings in various departments on campus. Monthly earnings (minimum wage rate) go directly to the student and can be used as payment toward the student account or used as spending money while at school.

To The Top!