Freshman year is a big step from high school to college. It is the first time you are on your own, new friends, new classes, it is a whole new world that is yours to conquer! But before you get …Read more
Federal Perkins Loans
- A low-interest federal loan available to needy students.
- Repaid in installments over a ten-year period beginning nine months after the student graduates or leaves school for other reasons.
- No interest accrues during the time the student is enrolled at least half-time.
- An interest rate of five percent per year is assessed beginning with the repayment period.
- Requires entrance counseling for all borrowers.
- Requires exit counseling if a student graduates, leaves, or drops below half-time (6 credits) at Mount Union.