Festival of Ten-Minute Plays to be Held Nov. 20-23
November 12, 2014
ALLIANCE, Ohio—The University of Mount Union will host a Festival of Ten-Minute Plays at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, November 20, Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22 and at 2 p.m. Sunday, November 23 in Presser Recital Hall.
The plays will include “1-800” by Joseph Sorrentino, “Broken Hearts” by Kevin R. McLeod, “Hitting on Women 101” by Bruce Kane, “Forty Minute Finish” by Jerome Harriston, “The Intervention” by Anne Washburn, “So Tell Me About This Guy” by Dolores Whiskeyman, “Tattoo” by Jane Martin, “Meow” by Val Smith, “Dancing with a Devil” by Brooke Berman and “Controlling Interest” by Wayne S. Rawley.
The plays are directed by Rudy Roggenkamp, professor of theatre at Mount Union. Costume designs are by Deborah J. Lotsof, professor of theatre.
Stage managers for the festival are freshman Nicolle Wilson of Sebring, Ohio and freshman Abbey Molnar of Stow, Ohio.
Members of the acting ensemble include:
- Amy Achenbach, sophomore history major of Butler, Pennsylvania;
- Rebecca Cooper, freshman of Newton Falls, Ohio;
- Sam Cooper, sophomore middle childhood education and intervention specialist major of Mogadore, Ohio;
- Aaron Cross, freshman of Willoughby, Ohio;
- Caelyn Eppler, sophomore music education major of Mentor, Ohio;
- Nicole Gruber, freshman of Poolesville, Maryland;
- Mitchel Hart, freshman of New Waterford, Ohio;
- Anthony Heider, senior theatre and human development major of Wakeman, Ohio;
- Leah Knaus, freshman of Boardman, Ohio;
- Josh Leiter, freshman of Akron, Ohio;
- Katherine Letts, freshman of Sharon, Pennsylvania;
- Linley Mamonis, sophomore integrated media major of Berlin Center, Ohio;
- Rosie Miranda-Marin, freshman of Olmsted Falls, Ohio;
- Savannah Morris, freshman of Lisbon, Ohio;
- Megan Ostrofsky, junior middle childhood education and theatre major of North Canton, Ohio;
- Parker Peterson, freshman of North Bloomfield, Ohio;
- Chelsea Posterli, sophomore public relations and theatre major of Austintown, Ohio;
- Miranda Reeder, senior Japanese and media composition major of Hinckley, Ohio;
- Nicole Siliko, freshman of Brunswick, Ohio;
- Alyssa Suffron, junior intervention specialist major of Uniontown, Ohio and
- Alex Waitinas, junior music and theatre major of Bristolville, Ohio.
Presser Recital Hall is located within Cope Music Hall on the corner of Union Avenue and Simpson Street on Mount Union’s campus. Additional parking is available on Simpson and Vincent Streets and in the Eells Art Center parking lot, as well as in other campus parking lots.
For further information or to make reservations, call the performing arts box office at (330) 821-2565.
The Visual and Performing Arts
Since Mount Union’s founding in 1846, study of the visual and performing arts has been fundamental to the philosophy, mission and liberal arts foundation of the University and the exceptional education it provides. Today, Mount Union offers majors in art, music, music education, music performance and theater. Hundreds of students participate each year in artistic, musical and theatrical endeavors at the co-curricular level no matter what their majors or career aspirations.
In addition, Mount Union also seeks to provide cultural enrichment and entertainment to the Alliance and surrounding communities. The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend exhibits, recitals, concerts and performances throughout the year. Visit mountunion.edu to access a calendar of events.