Financial Aid Representative
Position Reports to: Director of Student Financial Services
Fundamental Objectives of this Position:
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Financial Services, the Financial Aid Representative is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the University’s financial aid program including the awarding of all federal, state, institutional and private grant/gift, scholarship, loan and work programs.
The Financial Aid Representative is responsible to assist the Director in establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University, students and the parents of students. The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Services is energetic, creative, forward-thinking; he or she demonstrates strength in communication and follow through. The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Services must be detail-oriented. He or she demonstrates excellent judgment and understands that effectively representing the University is a constant priority.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Financial Aid Representative maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty, and character. He or she is dedicated to advancing the University in a resource efficient manner and places significant priority on maintain compliance and managing all aspects of the University’s financial aid program.
The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Services must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills; experience in working with individuals of all backgrounds. In addition, we prefer the Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Services must have demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities.
This position is expected to exercise judgment, resolve discrepancies, and make decisions appropriate decisions necessary, consulting with the Director of Student Financial Services on a regular basis.
- Actively contributes to the financial aid team on a daily basis.
- Assists with all aspects of the University's financial aid program including the awarding of all federal, state, institutional and private grant/gift, scholarship, loan and work programs.
- Assists with applying institutional aid award packaging policy to meet the University’s strategic enrollment initiatives.
- Responsible to uphold compliance regulations in regard to federal, state, institutional, and NCAA regulations related to financial aid.
- Ensures compliance with affiliated professional and external organization standards such as the NCAA Division III and the Code of Ethics of NASFAA.
- Provides student-focused counseling to the University's audience, which includes current students, former students, prospective students, parents, and members of the Mount Union community.
- Performs reconciliation of State Funds for the University.
- Develops and delivers financial aid presentations to small and large groups.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in online courses, professional organizations, and seminars, as well as maintaining professional contacts in the community.
- Attend University Compliance training as mandated by the University, your Vice President or the director of your department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Financial Aid.
A Bachelor's degree and experience in a related environment required. Experience in higher education is preferred - particularly small, private undergraduate education. The candidate must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, experience with collaborating with other offices, demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities, and interest and willingness to be part of the enrollment services team.
Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled. Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position.