- Julie Amabeli ’14
- Hometown: Alliance, Ohio
- Major: Accounting
Ruth Pogacnik, assistant professor of economics, accounting and business administration, has by far been my favorite professor at Mount Union because she took accounting topics that could easily be boring to people and made them fun and exciting! She is my advisor, so she is doing a wonderful job keeping me on track with all of my classes as well as offering me sound advice. She was also very supportive of my decision to minor in art. She’s a fantastic teacher who wants me to excel in my major and life in general.
Financial Planning Major Requirements
- Financial Accounting
- Federal Income Tax
- Selling and Sales Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Corporate Finance or Introduction to Finance
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Investments (Capstone Course)
- Business Law I
- Business Ethics
Note: Students who major in Financial Planning are not permitted to major in Finance.