- You and your parent will each need to obtain a PIN number at www.pin.ed.gov. With your PIN numbers, you and your parent can electronically sign your online FAFSA, making the application process simpler and faster.
- Gather your and your parent's W-2's and 2014 federal tax returns. You will need them to complete the FAFSA. Add the University of Mount Union as one of the schools. Our federal school code is 003083.
Mount Union will send a comprehensive financial aid award to you in the mail AFTER you have been accepted for admission to the University and after Mount Union has received the results of the FAFSA. The awarding process starts in the middle of March and continues throughout the academic year.
After you receive your financial aid award from Mount Union, you will be contacted by a member of the University's admissions staff, who will answer any questions you or your parents may have. Receiving information on your college financial aid status is an important step. We want to be sure you are fully informed!
Once you have decided to enroll at Mount Union, you should forward the $150 deposit (if you have not already done so) to the Office of Admission. Should your plans change, this deposit is fully refundable until May 1, 2015.
If you are borrowing your Federal Direct Loans, you MUST:
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling online at www.studentloans.gov. You will need your 4 digit FAFSA pin # to log in.
- Complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) online at www.studentloans.gov. You will need your 4 digit FAFSA pin # to log in.
- Return the Direct Loan Request Form (found under our Forms section) to the Office of Student Financial Services
If you have been notified that you have been selected for verification, please click here for more information.
Get Ready for Preview! Students who have paid their deposit will eventually receive information on Preview, our orientation program. It is important for these students to check their Mount Union email frequently!