General Interest Resources
The University of Mount Union Library provides access to these resources for use by Mount Union students, faculty and staff. Indexes for general research are listed at the top of the page with subject specific resources below. Off-campus access is possible using your name and barcode as found on your Purple Plus Card (barcode number begins 27048, please use the entire number). Please direct questions you may have about these resources to a University Librarian at 330-823-3795 or 330-257-5742 (texting).
General Research Databases:
- Associates Programs Source
- American Periodicals
Digitized images of the pages of over 1,100 historic American magazines, journals, and newspapers
- DRC: Digital Resource Commons
- Dissertations and Theses
Index to doctoral dissertations and master's theses from North America and Europe
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations from OhioLINK member Institutions
Online theses and dissertations from Ohio graduate students
- Films on Demand
Over 8200 full-length streaming video programs from academic and commercial publishers including PBS, BBC, CNBC, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, Bill Moyers Journal, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer
- ISI Web of Knowledge
Portal to Web of Science, providing high quality, diversified scholarly information in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities
- MasterFILE:Premier (popular magazines)
- Media Education Foundation
Streaming videos for the arts and sciences
- NYTimes.com - online version of The New York Times
- Digital access requires an account which user MUST set up at www.NYTIMES.com/Pass using their Mount Union email address
- Once account is created and verified user will have access for 364 days using that account information – please renew password from the UMU Library website when account expires using links on Library webpages for Subject Research or Newspapers
- Users will have unlimited access to The New York Times archived articles before 1923 and after 1980. Access during those years is limited to 5 free articles per day.
- NYTimesinEducation.com - user must create their own login account to use this resource.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Full text of major debate and research topics
- Points of View Reference Center
- Sage Stats
A download and visualization tool for data about U.S. states, counties, cities, metropolitan areas, and governments covering topics such as employment, crime, religion, education, politics, business and industry.
- Science Reference Center
Full text covering social, political and economic issues, scientific discoveries and other popular topics discussed in today's classrooms
- VAST: Academic Video Online
A multidisciplinary collection of streaming video which will include access to 20,000 videos in 2013.
- Vocational and Career Collection
Index, abstracts, and full text for 350 trade and industry related periodicals
- Vocational Studies Premier
- WorldCat Discovery