Head Men’s Volleyball Coach
The position reports directly to the Athletic Director and implements all aspects of the NCAA Division III collegiate varsity program. Must have a clear understanding of NCAA Division III rules and philosophy, a commitment to recruiting, developing and graduating quality student-athletes. This individual will be responsible for all coaching duties including, but not limited to, planning and facilitation of practice sessions, game preparation, recruiting, and scheduling.
Manage, coordinate and develop all aspects of a successful men’s volleyball program including but not limited to:
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes in accordance with NCAA, OAC and institutional rules, regulations and guidelines
- Organizing, preparing and executing effective practice and game plan strategies
- Managing successfully the daily operations of the volleyball program: budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements, and game day organization
- Monitoring student-athletes academic progress
- Supervising assistant coaches and other support staff
- Fostering a cooperative work environment and providing mutual support with all constituencies and colleagues
- Representing the program and University of Mount Union with sportsmanship, integrity and professionalism
- Perform other athletic department duties as assigned by the athletic director
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Five years successful coaching experience with collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA and OAC rules and regulations and understanding of the NCAA D-III athletic philosophy
- Ability to successfully impart knowledge and motivate learning in student athletes
- Ability to identify and recruit student-athletes
- Strong ethical character and interpersonal communication skills
- Sport specific knowledge in all positions
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position
- Certified in or ability to be certified in CPR/AED
- Commitment to diversity
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to travel, maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to secure and maintain certification to drive university vehicles
Expectations: Uphold the high professional standard of conduct expected of each person on campus as outlined in our Employee Handbook. Build positive interpersonal relationships in and out of the athletic department by attending College functions, both social and professional; staff meetings; faculty meetings; serving on committees; etc.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The University of Mount Union is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Mount Union prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, marital or parental status, pregnancy, disability, or genetic information in student admissions, financial aid, educational or athletic programs, or employment as now or may hereafter be required by university policy and federal or state law.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Please click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position. Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled