- Emily Love ‘15
- Hometown: Hudson, Ohio
- Major: Physical Education and Health
Mount Union is different for a number of reasons, such as the friendly atmosphere and small class sizes that allow students and professors to work together. Professors get to know you. They realize your potential both academically and personally.
Health Internships and Hands-On Learning
Students who choose to major in health at the University Mount Union will have endless opportunities to get “real-world” experience outside of the classroom. By getting involved in extracurricular opportunities and field experiences, you can strengthen your skills and knowledge of health, both of which are critical to career success.
Experiential learning opportunities will give you many chances to put classroom knowledge to work. These hands-on learning opportunities include:
- Service-learning projects
- Organize health fairs
- Develop educational events for Relay for Life
- Help coordinate yearly childhood obesity event for families in the Alliance community
- Research with faculty or student peers
- Independent research