- Derek Frye ’15
- Hometown: Tallmadge, OH
- Major: Health and Physical Education
I love everything about Mount. I think that the atmosphere is what I like most. The teachers care about you, they know who you are and actually talk to you. I have met some of my best friends since being here.
Health Internships and Hands-On Learning
Students who choose to major in health at the University Mount Union will have endless opportunities to get “real-world” experience outside of the classroom. By getting involved in extracurricular opportunities and field experiences, you can strengthen your skills and knowledge of health, both of which are critical to career success.
Experiential learning opportunities will give you many chances to put classroom knowledge to work. These hands-on learning opportunities include:
- Service-learning projects
- Organize health fairs
- Develop educational events for Relay for Life
- Help coordinate yearly childhood obesity event for families in the Alliance community
- Research with faculty or student peers
- Independent research