Annual Holiday Shutdown
December 08, 2015
All members of the Mount Union faculty and staff are advised that the institution will be conducting its annual shut down from Thursday, December 24 through Sunday, January 3, 2016. The Holiday shut down schedule is set as follows:
- Thursday, December 24, 2015 All offices closed
- Friday, December 25, 2015 All offices closed
- Monday, December 28, 2015 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Wednesday, December 30, 2015 Shut down in place; skeleton staffs on site
- Thursday,m December 31 2015 All offices closed
- Friday, January 1, 2016 All offices closed
All University offices will open at 8 a.m. on Monday, January 4, 2016.
- Saturday, December 19 , 2015 9AM - 2PM
- Sunday, December 20 , 2015 11AM - 4PM
- Monday, December 21 , 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Thursday, December 24, 2015 Closed
- Friday, December 25, 2015 Closed
- Saturday, December 26, 2015 Closed
- Sunday, December 27, 2015 Closed
- Monday, December 28, 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6AM - 7PM
- Thursday, December 31, 2015 Closed
- Friday, January 1, 2016 Closed
- Saturday, January 2, 2016 Closed
- Sunday, January 3, 2016 Closed
- January 4 - January 8, 2016 6AM - 7P
- Saturday, January 9, 2016 9AM – 5PM
- Sunday, January 10, 2016 11AM – 11PM
Campus Security will remain in force 24 hours a day during this holiday period and can be reached by cellular phone at: (330) 428-1344.
As always, the Alliance Police Department and the Alliance Fire Department will be available throughout this period. The Campus Security staff will be monitoring all of our facilities daily and will notify the appropriate personnel in the Physical Plant in case of an emergency or in case of inclement weather for snow and ice removal.
The Library will be closed during the holiday break from December 24 through January 3. Normal business hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2016.
The switchboard, located in the Hoover-Price Campus Center, will not be staffed after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 23, 2015. The switchboard will reopenin the Hoover-Price Campus Center on Monday, December 28, 2015 at 9 a.m.
From 5 p.m. on the 23rd until reopening on the 28th, a recorded message will inform callers that the University of Mount Union is closed and will direct the caller to the security cell phone in the case of an emergency. Campus Security will log each call it receives and take any necessary steps to resolve the call. Callers will also be given the option of leaving a message to selected departments throughout this time as well.
On December 28, 29 and 30, the switchboard will be staffed by a student worker during the normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. After 4 p.m., callers will hear a similar recorded message as detailed above. The information desk located in HPCC will reopen at 8:00 a.m. Monday, January 4, 2016.
The following schedule will be in effect for these administrative offices during the shutdown period:
- The Office of the President, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of Admission, Office of Student Financial Services, Center for Global Education, Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement, Office of the Registrar, Office of Marketing, Office of Human Resources, Office of Student Affairs and Residence Life will be closed but will be checking and responding to voice mail.
- The Office of University Advancement will have coverage in Beeghly Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on December 28, 29, and 30.
- The Office of Business Affairs will have personnel working each day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on December 28, 29and 30, in order for the window to be open.
- U.S. Mail will be picked up at the Post Office on December 28, 29, and 30. Mail will be sorted and delivered to the Business Office and the Office of University Advancement between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. each of these days. All other mail and packages will be held until normal mail service resumes on January 4, 2016.
- The Office of Information Technology (IT) will have one person in the office throughout this period for daily checks on servers.
On December 28, 29, and 30, the Physical Plant will have at least one staff member from each department (housekeeping, fleet/grounds and maintenance) working from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, at least one supervisor will be on campus during this time to assist. These employees will be assigned to various tasks to maintain an overall presence on campus.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not have staff working at designated times throughout the period but will have 24-hour coverage with on-duty residence life staff. Emergencies should be directed to the RD on duty at cellular number (330) 428-3500. All student affairs staff will be checking and responding to voice mail over the period.
- The Kresge Dining Hall will be closed after dinner on Friday evening, December 18, 2015 and reopening for dinner on Sunday, January 10, 2016.
- B&B Cafe will be closed beginning Friday, December 18, 2015 at 2 p.m. through Sunday, January 3, 2016. The B&B will be re-open January 4, 2016 and throughout that week, the operating hours will be 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. Starting Monday January 11 the B&B will be open their normal operating hours.
- The KHIC Start Café in the Library will close Thursday, December 17, 2015 and reopen on Monday, January 11, 2016.
- The University Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, December 23, 2015. It will be closed for business on Thursday, December 24 and will reopen Monday, January 4, 2016. All deliveries will be made to the Physical Plant throughout the holiday period.