- Ashley Sams ’15
- Hometown: Alliance, OH
- Major: Marketing, HR, Spanish
What I love most about Mount Union is the pride we have in our university. Everyone from the professors to the administration to the students love our school and that creates a really amazing atmosphere that I can’t help but love.
Human Resource Management Careers
Help organizations and businesses attract, motivate and retain the most qualified employees and pare them with the positions for which they are best suited by pursuing a career in human resources. Our program at Mount Union will provide you with the classroom learning and hands-on experience to pursue success in a number of positions.
- Employment and placement
- Human resources consulting
- Compensation, benefits, and job analysis
- Occupational analysis
- Compensation management
- Employee benefits management
- Employee assistance plan management
- Management and leadership development
- Planning and program development
- Employee relations
- Labor relations
- Creating high performance work systems
- Skills training
- International human resource management
As a human resource practitioner, you’ll play a critical role as your corporation deals with revised standards including occupational safety and health, equal employment opportunity, wages, healthcare, retirement plans and family leave that are driving demand in the field. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment in the human resource field is projected to grow by 22% through 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations.