- Kyle Dreger ‘14
- Hometown: Rootstown, Ohio
- Major: Computer Science and English
Mount Union gives you that unique blend of both immense opportunity with one-on-one relationships with both the faculty and students. It's been a perfect fit.
Information Systems Internships and Hands-On Learning
Students who choose to major in information systems at the University Mount Union have many opportunities to get “real-world” experience outside of the classroom. Getting involved in extracurricular opportunities will better prepare you for a successful technological-based career and graduate school.
Experiential learning opportunities will give you many chances to put classroom knowledge to work. These opportunities, which complement classroom learning, include:
- Database development using Access, MySQL and SQL Server/.Net environments
- On-campus employment as lab assistants, lab supervisors and HelpDesk assistants
- Independent research
- Lectures by guest speakers
- Part-time on-campus employment
- Research with faculty or student peers
- Research-based courses
Society of Computing Students (SoCS) is a student-led organization on Mount Union’s campus. The society provides opportunities for leadership, professional networking, programming contests and other related activities.