- Nikki Brown ’16
- Hometown: Strongsville, OH
- Major: Information Systems
The people at Mount Union are some of the best people I have ever met. Mount has a family feel to it. It is a caring community where you know you can go to anyone for help.
Information Systems Learning Objectives
At Mount Union, students can take advantage of current and future technological innovations and develop skills through hands-on experience as majors of information systems.
Graduates are prepared to enter a number of career fields such as application programming, systems analysis and information systems management.
Information systems majors can participate in off-campus internships, independent study projects, part-time computer employment, lectures by guest speakers, Society of Computing Students programming and on-campus employment as lab assistants, lab supervisors and HelpDesk assistants.
Recent Information Systems graduates of Mount Union have entered master's programs at Case Western Reserve University, Florida State University, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, The Ohio State University, University of North Carolina and the University of Pittsburgh.
Computer Science and Information Systems Learning Objectives
- Students will demonstrate the ability to extend current knowledge and/or skills to a computing environment or problem currently unknown to the student.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems in the discipline.
- Students will demonstrate interpretive skills, including the ability to: a) analyze data statistically, b) interpret results of experiments, c) draw reasonable conclusions based on experimental results.
- Students will learn and demonstrate standards of professional behavior, including rules of ethics and etiquette.
- Students will develop and demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a group on a common problem.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to search the relevant literature of the discipline to find information that addresses a specific problem.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to produce a technical document.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to give an effective presentation using visual aids and/or software demonstrations.