Marrianna White '16

Major: Psychology
Hometown:Macedonia, OH

I think the combination of a liberal arts education and professional preparation makes for a versatile student who can bring a lot of different things to the table.

International Student Financial Aid

Financial Aid Process for International Degree Seeking Students
Mount Union offers academic awards or scholarships and need-based financial aid to full-time degree-seeking students who do not already hold a bachelor’s degree.

Academic Awards and Scholarships
At the time of acceptance, a number of academic awards and scholarships are determined automatically for those who qualify based on a review of the student’s academic credentials such as curriculum, grade point average, ACT/SAT and high school rank.


International Award
The International Award is determined upon admission and is awarded to non-native English speaking applicants who qualify based on a review of a student’s English language proficiency level at the time of acceptance.

  • Our academic awards and scholarships range from $7,500 to a limited number of full tuition awards, which are competition based.

Presidential Scholarship Competition
Any high school senior who has achieved an ACT score of at least 27 or SAT-I score of at least 1210 (CR+M) and has earned either a minimum grade point average of 3.5 or a high school rank  in the top 15 percent of the class is eligible to compete for the University of Mount Union’s full-tuition Presidential Scholarships.

Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships
Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships are available to students who demonstrate exceptional talent in music, theatre or art. All scholarships must be determined by March 1 prior to the entering year.

Need-based Financial Aid
Upon admission, need-based financial aid is determined by the income and assets of students and their families. To qualify, students must complete the International Student Financial Aid Application for the 2015-2016 academic year (if applying for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 enrollment).

Need-based aid is calculated from the information submitted on this form, which primarily looks at the income and assets of the student and his/her parents.

Total Direct Costs
Total direct costs for the 2015-2016 Academic Year are $38,090. This figures does not include the cost of books, supplies, transportation or personal expenses.

Multiple Grants and Scholarships Policy
The initial institutional academic award is offered without regard for financial need. Students who may be eligible for multiple institutional grants, academic awards or scholarships (as referenced above) will receive at least the value of the highest grant, academic award or scholarship. It is our policy not to “stack” multiple institutional awards on the basis of merit. Consideration that is given for any portion of a second grant/scholarship or award made up from Mount Union dollars will be based on financial need and will require that the student file the International Student Financial Aid Application.

Which Financial Aid Form Do I File?
Many students have questions concerning the financial aid application process. Wehave created a checklist to help students determine which financial aid application is required.

 Please complete the International Student Financial Aid Application for the 2015-2016 academic year (if applying for Fall 2015 enrollment) if you meet the following criteria:

  • Citizenship is not from the United States of America
    • If you are in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa (for high school enrollment), or a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations)

Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you meet the following criteria:

  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be an eligible noncitizen
    • (A permanent U.S. resident with a Permanent Resident Card (I-551); • A conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or
    • The holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Parolee” (I-94 confirms paroled for a minimum of one year and status has not expired), “Victim of human trafficking,” T-Visa holder (T-1, T-2, T-3, etc.) or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant.”)
  • Have a valid Social Security Number (unless you’re from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).

Get Social with #MountUnion

Check out our Mobile Apps >


  • I Bleed Purple

    Published: 8/13/2015 2:49:41 PM

    I have been a Purple Raider since fifth grade.

    Little fifth grade me probably didn’t walk into school predicting that he’d be starting and ending his college search that day. I was more than likely worried about what I was …

    Read more
To The Top!