Kindermusik: Music and Child Development
Behold ... the Power of Kindermusik!
The research about music and children’s development is truly stunning. More and more, the focus of the research community turns to music as a vehicle to deliver a learning experience to children. The bottom line: early, positive and age-appropriate experiences with music—like a Kindermusik program—can have a remarkable and research-proven impact on your child’s:
- language and literacy skills (vocabulary, comprehension, listening, expression)
- social and emotional development
- mathematics and pattern-recognition skills
- ability to plan, guide, and self-regulate behavior
- overall music and vocal development
- develop a lifelong love of music, a foundation for learning and so much more!
The Preparatory Division of Music offers the folllowing Kindermusik classes:
- Our Time (18 months – 3 years) Mondays 4:45 - 5:30 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
- Imagine That (3 – 5 years) Mondays 5:45 - 6:30 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Cities! Busy Place, Friendly Faces
- Young Child (5 – 7 years) Mondays 6:45 - 7:30 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Young Child Semester 2
The Spring 2015 session will run from Monday, January 12 through Monday, April 27, 2015. Classes will not meet for Spring break, Monday, March 2, 2015. For more information, call the Preparatory Division of Music at Mount Union at (330)-823-2180.
Additional information about Kindermusik can be found online at www.kindermusik.com.
Complete the registration form to start your child in a Kindermusik class at the University of Mount Union.