- Sean Eppler ’14
- Hometown: Mentor, Ohio
- Major: Music Education
The community feeling of all the students, professors, staff and administrators definitely make Mount Union unique. I love the feeling of being able to talk to anyone on campus and have them recognize me. It’s very personal and makes me feel right at home.
Behold ... the Power of Kindermusik!
The research about music and children’s development is truly stunning. More and more, the focus of the research community turns to music as a vehicle to deliver a learning experience to children. The bottom line: early, positive and age-appropriate experiences with music—like a Kindermusik program—can have a remarkable and research-proven impact on your child’s:
- language and literacy skills (vocabulary, comprehension, listening, expression)
- social and emotional development
- mathematics and pattern-recognition skills
- ability to plan, guide, and self-regulate behavior
- overall music and vocal development
- develop a lifelong love of music, a foundation for learning and so much more!
The Preparatory Division of Music offers the folllowing Kindermusik classes:
- Village (birth – 18 months) Mondays 3:30-4:15 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Cock-a-doodle-MOO! and DewDrops
- Our Time (18 months – 3 years) Mondays 4:30-5:15 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Away We Go!
- Imagine That (3 – 5 years) Mondays 5:30-6:15 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Toys I Make - Trips I Take
- Young Child I (5 – 7 years) Mondays 6:30-7:15 p.m. Room 114 Cope Music Hall
Curriculum: Young Child Semester 1
The Spring 2014 session will run from Monday, January 13 through Monday, April 28, 2014. Kindermusik NOT meet for classes on Monday, March 3, 2014. For more information, call the Preparatory Division of Music at Mount Union at (330) 823-2180.
You may register for a class by completing this registration form.
Additional information about Kindermusik can be found online at www.kindermusik.com.