- Andrew Rothermel ’15
- Hometown: Rootstown, Ohio
- Major: Finance and Management
At Mount Union you know as a student that you are going to be cared for, and that opportunities will be given to you in order to help you succeed.
Management Learning Objectives
The major in management within the department of Economics, Accounting, and Business Administration is a broad field of study within business administration which will prepare students for a career in business that could take many directions. Entry level positions in sales, purchasing, supply management, quality control, retail management, and many more are open students with this major. Students majoring in management will also be prepared to pursue graduate education in business upon graduation or at a later point in time.
The education in management will combine theory and practice so that students will be prepared for a business career today and in the future. Courses will often include realistic projects so that students will have the ability to apply business theory to real situations. In addition, majors in management are required to complete an experiential learning experience in the form of an internship, a service project, or an educational activity outside the United States. The combination of classroom, project, and experiential leaning will produce graduates prepared for a career in a global business environment.
Management Learning Objectives:
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of business and management principles
- Students will demonstrate critical-thinking and problem solving skills
- Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of the global environment in which businesses operate
- Students will demonstrate an awareness of their own values
- Students will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and a capacity for service
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize when change is needed, adapt to change as it occurs, and lead change
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their personal interests, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses as the pertain to their chose career field