Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
A leader in undergraduate teacher education, Mount Union’s Department of Education now offers a quality Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL), approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) and the Higher Learning Commission. This two-year approved program offers an optimal combination of convenience and connection with online coursework during the traditional academic year and online coursework during summer sessions. Also, our 36-hour program includes the option to sit for the Ohio Principal’s License (PK-6, 4-9 and 5-12) and/or the CIPD License (Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development).
Benefits of Mount Union’s MAEL Program:
- Two-year approved program
- Online coursework in the fall and spring
- Orientation prior to the onset of the program
- Cohort-based structure
- Personal attention from faculty
- Full-time, tenure-track faculty with doctoral degrees
- Full-year supervised graduate internship in home school or district
- 36-credit-hour program including the option for one of two licensures
Career Options with Mount Union’s MAEL degree:
- Head or division head of an independent school
- Teacher leader
- Department head
- Grade level team leader
- Leadership position at any non-profit organization
- Working in a central office or supervisory capacity
- Curriculum director
Learn more about:
- MAEL degree application process, admission requirements and criteria
- Mount Union’s MAEL students’ experiences
Learn more about the value of an education from Mount Union.
Become a graduate student at the University of Mount Union. Apply online or contact us using the form below.