Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
The University of Mount Union's Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL) is approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) and the Higher Learning Commission. Through online coursework and close faculty and peer interaction, Mount Union’s MAEL program offers the flexibility, convenience and quality that allows professional educators to develop as leaders. Also, our 36-hour program includes the option to sit for the Ohio Principal’s License (PK-6, 4-9 and 5-12) and/or the CIPD License (Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development).
Benefits of Mount Union’s MAEL Program:
- Two-year approved program
- Asynchronous online coursework
- Close faculty and peer interaction
- Full-time, tenure-track faculty with doctoral degrees
- Culminating experience allowing for practical application in educational leadership
- Includes the option for one of two licensures
Career Options with Mount Union’s MAEL degree:
- Head or division head of an independent school
- Teacher leader
- Department head
- Grade level team leader
- Leadership position at any non-profit organization
- Working in a central office or supervisory capacity
- Curriculum director
Learn more about:
- MAEL degree application process, admission requirements and criteria
- Mount Union’s MAEL students’ experiences
Learn more about the value of an education from Mount Union.
Become a graduate student at the University of Mount Union. Apply online or contact us using the form below.