The University of Mount Union Library provides access to these resources for use by Mount Union students, faculty and staff. Indexes for general research are listed at the top of the page with subject specific resources below. Off-campus access is possible using your name and barcode as found on your Purple Plus Card (barcode number begins 27048, please use the entire number). Please direct questions you may have about these resources to a University Librarian at 330-823-3795 or 330-257-5742 (texting).
General Research Databases:
- Academic Search Complete
Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study
- Academic Video Online: Premium
A multidisciplinary collection of streaming video featuring over 50,000 videos and growing
- EJC - Electronic Journal Center
Full text of 6000+ research journals
- Films on Demand
Over 8200 full-length streaming video programs from academic and commercial publishers including PBS, BBC, CNBC, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, Bill Moyers Journal, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer
- Image Quick View (searches Academic Search Complete)
- ISI Web of Knowledge
Portal to Web of Science, providing high quality, diversified scholarly information in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities
Full text scholarly journals in the Arts & Sciences, Business, Language and Literature
- Previously Lexis Nexis Academic. Nexis Uni provides over 15,000 news, legal, and business sources
- Media Education Foundation
Streaming videos for the arts and sciences
- NYTimes.com - online version of The New York Times
- Digital access requires an account which user MUST set up at www.NYTIMES.com/Pass using their Mount Union email address
- Once account is created and verified user will have access for 364 days using that account information – please renew password from the UMU Library website when account expires using links on Library webpages for Subject Research or Newspapers
- Users will have unlimited access to The New York Times archived articles before 1923 and after 1980. Access during those years is limited to 5 free articles per day.
- NYTimesinEducation.com - user must create their own login account to use this resource.
- Sage Stats
A download and visualization tool for data about U.S. states, counties, cities, metropolitan areas, and governments covering topics such as employment, crime, religion, education, politics, business and industry.
Mathematics Research Databases:
- Access Science
Encyclopedia of science and technology; contains encyclopedia articles, dictionary terms, biographies, research updates, and science news and technology
- Annual Reviews
- Science Online
From pi to cosines, from quadratic equations to logarithms, explore numbers and calculations and their transformations, relationships, and proofs