- Nathan Lorah ’16
- Hometown: East Liverpool, Ohio
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
I learned how to take initiative as a leader as I worked with a group of my peers to write a detailed report on constructing a windmill. Constructing the windmill and watching it work to produce energy was a rewarding experience.
Mechanical Engineering Internships
The University of Mount Union’s Mechanical Engineering Program was designed with a strong focus in hands-on, experiential learning. Internships are an integral part of preparing engineering students for the real world of engineering.
Mechanical engineering internships allow students:
- To experience the dynamics of implementing the on-time deliverables of a mechanical engineering project for an actual company
- A deeper understanding of what they are learning in the classroom
- A unique and beneficial opportunity to network with working engineers and managers in their field of interest
The University of Mount Union’s mechanical engineering faculty has strong, professional relationships with industrial contacts and is often able to help students locate internship opportunities. Also, Mount Union’s Engineering Advisory Board, a network of advising engineers and leaders, will assist in finding internship opportunities.
During the 2012-2013 Academic Year, 86% of mechanical engineering students were able to find internship experiences. Mount Union’s mechanical engineering students have been able to benefit from interning with highly-successful companies, such as:
- Colfor Manufacturing
- Republic Steel
- Terydon Inc.
- H-P Products
Schedule a campus visit today and learn more in person!