- Brett Fortune ‘17
- Hometown: Wooster, Ohio
- Major: Nursing
I chose to major in nursing because it is a hands-on major that requires lifelong learning. Plus, the opportunity to make a huge impact in someone's life is exciting and meaningful.
Message from the Department of Nursing
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Nursing at the University of Mount Union. At Mount Union, you will begin your exceptional journey to obtain your nursing degree. Our learning objectives will prepare you professionally and personally to meet the demands of our challenging and exciting healthcare profession.
At Mount Union, you will:
- Have direct-entry into the nursing major.
- Experience nursing coursework immediately in your freshman year.
- Have opportunities to complete your clinical rotations in a variety of clinical specialty settings and clinical areas across Canton, Akron, and Cleveland.
- Be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN Board exam to become a License Registered Nurse (RN) upon completion of the program and upon passing the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Experience a curriculum with a strong background in liberal arts and sciences.
- Experience small class sizes and extensive supervision by highly-qualified and experienced faculty and instructors.
- Pursue excellence in a rigorous learning environment in our new state-of-the-art health and medical sciences facility with up-to-date laboratories.
We look forward to helping you in your journey to become a professional nurse leader. Schedule a campus visit today to learn more!
Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Nursing